Friday, November 4, 2011

Mama Has a New Toy!

WOW! A few days ago I saw that there was a HUGE deal on a FoodSaver product. The retail price was $69.99, and I was able to get it for $9.99 S/H. (Just so you know, as of this date, amazon.com has it available for $29.99.
I've always wanted a FoodSaver but had always put it off because of the price. Let's face it; in today's economy, every penny counts! For this stay-at-home homeschooling mom, I do as much canning, smart shopping, and freezing as I can. Freezer burn is something I deal with on a regular basis, since one can only manually force so much air out of a plastic zippered bag. When I got my box in the mail, I was so happy and itching to try it out. Thankfully, I'd stumbled onto a nice sale of chicken breasts this week, so I was able to try this puppy out today.

Here's what was inside my box:
There are two containers (which I probably won't frequently use because I prefer bags), two gallon sized bags (pictured left) and two quart sized containers (left), and of course the vacuumer (top right).

To use the product, you simply grasp the portion that is green, slowly bring it away from the base, and put the rounded portion on the circle on the bag, like so:
I love my new little gadget, and I just had to share it with you!!


I did not receive this item for free, and I am not being paid by FoodSaver to tell you about this product. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment